Tuesday, May 10, 2011

EQUATORIAL HOTEL, PENANG: A TRULY GARDEN RESORT


The lush outdoor garden surrounds the hotel. It's the greenest hotel in the country.

A pool rich in bubbly active Chinese carps lent an air of good vibes. Reminds me of that song "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys a number one hit all over the music world released in 1966. I still remember: "I'm picking up good vibrations"

The bright & airy open-style hotel lobby. The subdued sunlight bathes the entire lobby giving it an elegant & soft look & graceful ambiance.

Many lovely coconut palms fringed the swimming pool. I reminiscent my many dips in this pool as my then bank employer held many meetings, workshops & managers' conference in this hotel. I too stayed in this hotel during my many business trips to Penang.

The alcove within the open lobby is used for exhibits & display.

The neat rows of plants growing downwards from the highest level tastefully adorns the atrium.

It pays to look up at the sky-roof which is a unique piece of architecture. It was built in accordance to the sound principles of Chinese geomancy or fung shui with the octagon-shaped roof. It is certainly about 8 a pun on the Cantonese word "fatt" which means prosperity. How apt in this particular case as the prosperity seems to come from the Heavens above.

The glass bubble lift provides a majestic view of the central atrium & the open lobby.

A view from outside Hotel Equatorial, Penang at the highest point of Bukit Jambul.
There is also a view of the recently completed twin Hillcrest Residences.