Friday, July 13, 2012


Patouxay The Victory Gate or Triumph Gate built between 1957 & 1968.
That Luang Stupa, an amazing sight to see as the entire temple, built in 1566, is painted in gold.
Anothere view of That Luang Stupa which according to the Lao people was built as an Indic temple.
The Park at Patouxay.
The signage for Patouxay Park. A popular gathering place on week-ends.
That Dam Black Stupa surrounded by modern developments situated in a lane off Avenue Lane Xang a major thoroughfare leading to Victory Gate or Patouxay in Lao language.
That Dam Stupa bathed by bright sunlight.
Pretty Lao models to add glamour to the launch of Hyundai's Veloster at the Talat Sao Mall 1.
Beer barrel atop Baravin Pub at Rue Samsenthai.
With Father Ben the parish priest of the only Catholic Church in Vientiane.
A new temple under construction along Rue Setthathirath.
Wat Si-Meuang sandwiched between Rue Samsenthai & Rue Setthathirath.
The Srisavangvong keeping virgil at the junction of Rue Samsenthai & Rue Setthathirath.
The Mekong River at dusk.
Chao Anouvong statue staning guard at the Mekong River Promenade.
Dawn over Mekong. This photo was taken during the dry spell.
The Don Chan Palace Hotel the only five-star hotel in Laos. It is under massive renovation to be ready before the ASEM (Asean-Europe Meeting) in early November 2012.
Wat Sisaket built in 1818 by King Anouvong the last king of the Lane Xang Empire. It was the only temple which was not destroyed by the Siamese invaders who sacked the city in 1828.
Wat Pra Keo. It previously housed the Emerald Buddha until it was seized General Chakri sent to suppress an insurrection.
Another view of Wat Phra Keo lined with statues.
Aerobic dancing is a popular activity in Vientiane. The Mekong Promenade hosts many groups of aerobic enthusiasts in the mornings & evenings.
Supplicants paying their respects to Chao Anouvong by the Mekong River Promenade.
Mekong River by night.
Morning Market Talat Sao Mall.

Sunday, July 8, 2012